Wednesday, November 19, 2008

this is what my fridge looks like, take that



Pig, pig, pig, pig. Everywhere you look, more pig. This is what the kitchen floor looked like this morning. 3 pigs, all raised by our farmer Mark and his family in Port Orchard. the 2 sows were 400lb'ers and a smaller male was a 260lb'er 
( the little guy is actually buried under the girls in the picture at right) Lucky him

I actually had the chance to go to The Dutch Valley Farm, about 25 miles east of arlington, or a little place i like to call B.F.E.

I was going there to pick up 20 Heirloom Turkeys, or Heritage Turkeys as  I was informed. very nice farm, usual suspects around, turkeys ( looking a little freaked out), chickens & roosters, rabbits, goats, dogs and a couple of very wolly head of cattle. He was nice enough, the drive was very relaxing, saw 11 bald eagles, not bad at all.

Anyway, this is a picture of our walk in, yes, that is a ass load of bacon, I know your jealous. those are hams on the upper left, currently in the burn out stage of the curing process. I promise some more photos soon.


No comments: